Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Chugging Along

Today marks the beginning of my foray into gastrointestinal pathophysiology -- I finished reading through the endocrinology course packet yesterday and have been working on "Disorders of the Esophagus" this afternoon.

My new Rowenta iron got a good workout last night and this morning with well over two hours of use. I think my entire wardrobe has been freshly pressed, and perhaps every pair of Sula's dress pants has had the same fate.

Late night at The University tonight; Sula's teaching and I'm slaving away under fluorescent lighting that makes my skin look like some fantastic shade of yellowish purple. Jaundice with diffuse ecchymoses -- could be liver cancer ... or hepatobiliary obstruction ... or ...

Self-diagnosis is a dangerous thing, especially for students ...

No comments: