Wednesday, March 14, 2007

End o' Quarter Doldrums

After waiting 10 weeks for the end of the quarter to arrive, the next-to-last chapter in my 6-part preclinical sequence is finally finished. The undergrads have finals this week, with Spring Break commencing just as soon as one walks out of his/her last exam. ISP students, on the other hand, have no such thing as a spring break to tide us over until the next round begins -- the knocks keep on 'a coming whether we like it or not. Next week's trip to TN with Sula will help stem the malice of ISP's rigorous springtime demands, but even there I'll have to work mornings in the TTU library simply to "keep current" on what is going to turn out to be the most furious two-month period of my life.

All that being said, I find the end of this quarter especially bittersweet in terms of my hobbies. The very first week saw football come to a crashing halt, and now basketball season's winding down, leaving me with no school sporting activities to keep up with on a near-daily basis. Unlike most other fans, baseball season takes a while to wind up for me -- by about mid-May I'm usually really into it, but April is still cold in Columbus, so I'm unable to join the Boys of Summer until my skin turns a bit darker.

March Madness is nice, and April's showers suit me just fine, but give me Sula, a Barq's Root Beer, two lawnchairs, and a wide-open stretch of beach to help these winter blues roll away. Catch you on the flipside.

No comments: