Monday, March 19, 2007

Updating the Tourney Picks

Poor Sula. In a previous post I wrote a few comments about some pretty outlandish tourney picks she made (Wisconsin in the title game, Holy Cross in the Elite Eight), and both came back to bite her in the butt. Not that it really matters ... one of my Final Four picks, Texas, got ousted last night by Southern California, and my national champion -- Ohio State (who else?!?) -- needed a last-second desperation 3-pointer to squeak by giant-killer Xavier. Play like that against a better opponent and OSU will be watching the Final Four from the couch.

After the first weekend, when everyone's brackets are already busted, "getting it right" doesn't really concern me anymore. Sula and I have watched most of the games on sportsline.com's MMOD viewer, including Holy Cross' valiant effort that fell short, and we've had a pretty darn good time doing it. I think I want to keep it that way.

Next up: Ohio State vs. Tennessee in the Sweet Sixteen, 9 pm on Thursday. Divided loyalties? Not a chance -- scarlet and gray all the way!

1 comment:

Sula said...

I guess I'll have to root for OSU if I'm going to maintain any shred of respectability!

(PS I already was. Passionately.)