Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Fill Out Your Brackets

Two nights ago Sula and I filled out our NCAA Tournament brackets:

TC3MD's Final Four:

Oregon (3 seed, Midwest)
UCLA (2, West)
Texas (4, East)
Ohio State (1, South)

Sula's Final Four:

Wisconsin (2, Midwest)
Pittsburgh (3, West)
Boston College (7, East)
Ohio State (1, South)

Championship game picks:

TC3MD -- OSU 66, UCLA 63
Sula -- OSU 89, Wisconsin 88

Of note: Sula also picked 13th-seeded Holy Cross to fall in a tight game against Pitt in the Elite Eight. I love you, babe, but it ain't happening!

Both brackets include a Sweet Sixteen matchup of 5th-seeded Tennessee against Ohio State. If this happens, I see OSU dominating the paint and Oden pouring in at least 27 points.

Surprise, surprise that at least half the sports writers on CNNsi.com, ESPN.com, and cbs.sportsline.com are picking the Florida Gators to bring home the hardware on April 2. My bold prediction is that Florida doesn't make it past the Elite Eight.

Two years ago I correctly picked the national championship game (North Carolina over Illinois), but last year's tourney busted my bracket after the first weekend. Never, ever, ever will I pick Florida to win any sort of championship, not even if my mortgage or school loans were on the line. My upbringing as a die-hard Vols fan surely prevents it, and I'm pretty sure my dad would hemorrhage out if I ever tried such a thing.

I think we'll try to keep the old man around a few more years before attempting anything risky ...

2 comments:

Sula said...

All I gots to say is the Battle of Milvian Bridge...baby.

Ohio State MD 2009 said...

And Constantine ... just lost.